Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Sweet Little Grouch

My friend’s daughter LOVES Sesame Street. I mean straight up obsessed!!!  Her birthday is quickly approaching so I thought I would try my hand at creating the characters on cupcakes. I started with Oscar (because she reminds me of him sometimes, a sweet little grouch!).

The biggest challenge of making this cupcake was his fur.  The key is to start on the outside and work your way in. Make long strands and lift the tip (I used a Wilton #234) up off the cupcake and let the strands fall. I found if the strands were too short they would smoosh together.  After doing the first one I got the hang of it. I think he came out pretty good for a first attempt.  Now lets see about creating Big Bird with all those crazy feathers….

IMG_0371

2 comments:

  1. This came out awesome! You need to work on Elmo and Abby Cadabby. Those are the other two favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God!!! How cute is that!!!! And i am sure he is very yummy! Great job.

    ReplyDelete