Saturday, July 23, 2011

It’s a Big Deal


I think a birthday is a Big Deal!  Even those people who say “I don’t want to make a big deal about my birthday” really like it when someone makes a big deal about their birthday. 

A birthday is your special day that deserves to be recognized and celebrated with your friends and family.  Even if it’s a small gesture like saying “Happy Birthday” in a loud voice… it makes the birthday girl/boy feel special. The older I get the more I realize that every occasion needs to be celebrated (even if it means you’re one year older, yuck!).

Well, today is my friend’s birthday so I knew I wanted to make her some fun cupcakes for her special day.  This was a great opportunity to use the funky letter tappits (plastic stencils) which I purchased a few weeks ago.

IMG_0561

After making the letters , I cut out some fondant circles to attach them to.  I used colorful fondant for the circles so that the white letters really popped!  Finally, I made some colorful little flowers with sugar pearls in the center to make them fun and feminine.

IMG_0569 
I just love the way the turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment