Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cracking Up


Ok, so I’ve been practicing with cake pops and have learned so much since the first time I tried to make them. One of my biggest challenges was the CRACKING! I would make my pops and put them in the fridge to set. Then I would take them out and dip them. All would look good until about an hour passed…. then the cracking would begin.

I was so grateful to find a video from pintsizebaker.com on how to fix a cracked cake pop. The problem is that I can’t seem to find the video anymore. So here is how you fix your cracked pops.

  1. Let the cake pop hit room temperature. (I let mine sit overnight.)
  2. Melt your chocolate and dip a tooth pick into the chocolate.
  3. Run the toothpick over the crack filling the crack with chocolate.
  4. Run your finger over the crack to remove excess chocolate and to smooth the chocolate into the crack.
    • If the crack is still visible use the tooth pick to spread more chocolate over the crack and repeat step #4.
  5. Keep running your finger over the crack until the crack is completely sealed with chocolate.
    • The warmer your finger is the better. It gives you an opportunity to mold the chocolate over the crack.

Ahhh… beautiful cake pops…

IMG_0657

No comments:

Post a Comment