Sunday, November 6, 2011

Groovy Baby

Break out the bell-bottoms, put on your tie dyed t-shirt, play some Hendrix, and hang loose.... Yeah baby, it's a 60's themed party. I hope the fuzz don't show up and try to break up our good time.

I had so much fun making cupcakes full of peace, love, flower power, and smiley faces... You dig, man?

I was going to get a chocolate mold to make the chocolate decorations, but instead I did them by hand.  I printed out a picture of a peace sign and a smiley face to use as an outline.  I put some clear wax paper over the print out and traced the picture in chocolate.  The trick is to put melted chocolate into a small molding bottle (or you can melt it in the bottle) so you can use it like a pen.

For the peace signs, I used white chocolate. Once they were completely hardened I brushed on some food coloring. Use a paper towel to wipe off the food coloring before it dries (to keep it from clumping up on the chocolate). Once the color dries you could add another color over it to get a tie dyed effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment